Friday 4 September 2015

The Guiltiness of an Afternoon Nap

The Guiltiness of an Afternoon Nap







Ok I know we are all guilty of it, but was it necessary or is it a necessity.

In the continent they have siesta time, which the EU, is trying to do away with. I’m a rebel, so I’m against the EU and their Idea.

Sometimes I find myself being upset that I have to nap, even in the early afternoon, but really should I feel guilty. Today, I got up and did some garden work, but after a bad night’s sleep, (Which is not unusual for me), I found myself really tired, like an energy leak had happened when I wasn’t looking. After that I had spend 30 minutes writing out orders to be sent and answering emails, looking through new stock items, deciding what to order and so on, but by the end I was sitting on the sofa, feeling so tired, exhausted even
Analyzing my tiredness, from anything from a bad night’s sleep to my age, I made the decision that I would take the plunge and Nap. Now strangely, When I nap it is a heavy sleep unlike my usual Night’s sleep, which feels similar to a sea journey in a rowing boat in the middle of a raging storm,. So I went to The land of Napping, waking 40 minutes later, feeling anything but rested, but I got up trailing myself from the nice warm spot on the sofa, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, half awake, I stumbled into the kitchen and began to work, Housework first, as I have to do the chores due to my on my own status, made dinner, washed the dishes , Brought a washing in, hung a washing out, put away my uniforms from my part time job as a chef, hung clothes up and more. The amount of work I got done was great and then I began to plan my strategy for my social media at the top of the garden in the sun, as lately I have been busy with my business and my part time job, plus 101 other things. Clearly my nap was not a waste of time, as I finished the strategy plans in record time, with so many new ideas, I surprised myself.  I also began writing my articles for my blog ( This was one of them),
Ok I did miss 40 minutes of Warm sunny weather of our short summer, here in Northern Ireland. Our National Anthem should be the song from Annie “The Sun Might Come Out Tomorrow, I know I have used Artistic license and changed a word, but it’s true. It has been sunny here for 2 days and already people are complaining. ???  Anyway  Folks, getting back to my query about guiltiness and naps. Today, My nap was not a waste of time , it revived me, cleared my head and eventually got my ass into gear. (Note I said Today, in case there is another day I do, feel guilty), as I got so much done.
Now I have discovered, that Albert Einstein,( who slept with his pencil in hand) Napoleon , ( Who napped upon his horse ), Wiston Churchill & Brahms were also advocates for Naps. See I'm not alone :)


But you might disagree. What you think  ????
Let me Know

Have a Great Day.

Smile at someone randomly today, see what happens.

Check out us out at our Website, where we never have naps


Follow us on Facebook
Keep up to date by checking out our Pinterest page

No comments:

Post a Comment